Thursday, January 16, 2014

Parking

I was back at the Pine Brook Conservation area today with my camera. I noticed bright green moss, the only colorful thing among the brown leaves, grey bark and gloomy sky. There were puffball mushrooms along the trail spreading their spores with the slightest jostle. There was fragile ice along the shore. I saw the bottom half of a mouse on top of a broken stump. The raptor with the other half was no where to be seen.

I went to take pictures of some out-of-place Americana turned to sculpture: a jumble of old, rusted cars at the bottom of a ridge. I'll have to investigate how they got there. It will be a new urban myth or ghost story.

Please leave a comment if you can identify the make, model and year of these fine vehicles.









1 comment:

Andrea said...

and the answer is mid 1950s Fords https://www.google.com/search?q=1954+ford&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Jx_gUs2XE-3lsASE2IKICg&ved=0CCgQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=627